Hey, y’all! My name is Laura Prater and I’m the owner of this blog. As a small town country girl, I know how to make do with what I have, and I always will. I grew up right across the road from my grandparents, who had a farm and taught me about all types of farm animals…and food! I grew up simply and am still aspiring to live that way in such a busy, fast-paced world. I am passionate about creating, sharing and eating my way through recipes for the whole world to see!
I’m more than just a recipe creator, though! I also run Awe Filled Homemaker and Awe Filled Veterans Wife, as well as several big Facebook communities and groups. My prayer is that this website will not only give you some great ideas for meals, but also be an inspiration that you can cook and bake, too!
One thing I do want to mention, though, is how you can share the recipes off this site. There is a common misconception that recipes are “public domain” and that you can do with them whatever you wish. That’s simply not true. Keep in mind that, before a recipe lands on this site, it has gone through testing, creating and testing again. Not to mention the photography! (remember, photos are copyrighted by the owner and it is against the law to take someone elses picture!) It takes a lot of time and hard work to create a recipe, so please do not copy and paste any recipe found on this site. I would LOVE for you to share them, so here are some tips on how you can do that:
- It’s Not Okay to use a photo off this site without my permission first. This includes sharing it as your own on any social media platform.
- Ingredients are the only thing not protected by law. But, please, do not copy the ingredient list unless you absolutely have to.
- It’s Not Okay to copy any part of the directions. That is copyrighted text. Please include something like “get the full directions here” with a link to the recipe.
- If you are planning to adapt one of my recipes, please change more than just one or two things. Make it YOURS. And, remember to give credit from who inspired you. (you can simply say “recipe adapted from Cooking Whiz Cafe” with a link to the recipe)
- PLEASE contact me if you have any questions or want to share my recipes on your site! I will be very thankful for the exposure, but I want to make sure it’s done in a way that will not get either of us in trouble!