My oldest son went to a birthday party tonight. It wasn’t your run of the mill blow out candles, eat cake and play pin the tail on the donkey kind of birthday party. It was a pumpkin carving party. Although he is a teenage boy, who doesn’t like carving a face or scary design into a pumpkin?! Besides, it is definitely fall which means pumpkin everything!
Apparently pumpkin everything doesn’t change with age. It is as true as the seasons that come and go. And many times we know the seasons by the foods that are being served. This statement is especially true when it comes to pumpkin. Stores line their shelves with items where the main ingredient is pumpkin. Pumpkin spice candles are sold just about everywhere, including gas stations! I’m sure by now you will see pumpkins lining your street.
Continuing with the fall tradition of pumpkin everything, I present to you Pumpkin Bread Pudding! Bread Pudding is a favorite for us, but this pumpkin version puts a fall twist on a timeless classic, which makes it even more delectable and delicious! Once you, your guests, or teens 😉 try this one, you won’t be able to help but finish off the whole bowl! It is really that good! This will for sure be a repeat dish we serve here in our house for the fall! So get out your slow cooker and let’s get to “baking!”
Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart Crock-Pot 6-Quart Countdown Programmable Oval Slow Cooker with Dipper, Stainless Steel, SCCPVC605-SReynolds Slow Cooker Liners 2 Pack (8 Liners Total) Versatility Slow Cooker with Insulated Tote and Transport LidInstant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
1 ½ cup milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
½ c of raisins
1. In a bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt. Mix well together.
Don’t Forget to Print Off Your Recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf French bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ c of raisins
- Cooking spray
- In a bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and salt. Mix well together.
- In a mixing bowl, toss bread and raisins together.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in bread mixture and cover with pumpkin mixture.
- Push down bread with back of spoon to soak well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Do not cook over two hours! Your bread pudding will burn.